Who we are
Solbarcelona is a language training company which has offered Spanish courses for non-native learners in Barcelona for more than 20 years. Between 1999 and 2006 we received students from more than 45 countries. David Merkler is the school´s founder. He was born in London and has lived in Barcelona Spain since 1988. David speaks English, Spanish and Catalan. David says “ Learning languages is something you can do all your life and is one of those things that can help you professionally whilst also being a fun pastime.” “We believe, as in providing any service that it´s important to understand a student´s needs, assess that student and provide the right solution both in terms of the right trainer and the right focus in the classes.”
|Who are our students||Why Immersion?|
||Because you are going to notice the difference. Studying one, two or three hours a week can oftentimes be frustrating because progress is slow. Studying an immersion course allows you to make real and tangible advances. If you listen and speak Spanish in a controlled environment you´ll notice the difference and all our students come out feeling their time was well spent and the result was positive.|
|What you will find at Solbarcelona||Why one-on-one or small groups?|
||Because learning a language is about learning to speak and listen. In a language learning setting of much more than 5 students you are wasting your time. You must be able to speak and listen to a native Spanish instructor in the classroom to be able to make progress. And that language instructor has to have a minimum number of students in class to be able to correct them.|
|What you won´t find at Solbarcelona||Results|
||Like any life experience learning a language is also about making mistakes. When you speak with your trainer, he or she will be their to offer explanations and correct you.|
The Solbarcelona Immersion Spanish Program Experience
Solbarcelona is a language training school specialised in made-to-measure courses for individuals and groups visiting Barcelona, Spain. Our approach is professional, but relaxed. Our students are motivated language students, but we know you are in Barcelona on holiday or for a break. Our approach to language learning is based on many years of experience and is results based.
The Complete Spanish Program and Cultural Experience with guided visits.
Choose from the following guided visits
- 1992 and beyond. How the Olympics ushered in the new Barcelona.
- A visit to the Olympic Port and museum of the History of Catalonia. Get to understand the history of the region and why it was so important for the Catalans to redevelop everything.
- Art and architecture. Gaudí ... What makes this corner of Spain different?
- Visit Gaudí’s Sagrada Familia and the Pedrera (declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO) to discover Gaudi’s form of modernism which combined elements of art nouveau, Catalan nationalism, Gothic Revival and his own relentlessly original imagination.
- Visit to the Picasso Museum.
- Learn about Picasso’s formative years in Barcelona. The collection includes a donation made by Picasso to the museum in 1970.
- Palau de la Musica Catalana.
- Guided tour of perhaps the finest exmaple of Modernisme in the city. Built by the architect Domènech i Montaner in 1908 the Palau has been declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
- Visit Barcelona’s parks.
- Güell Park and Ciutadella Park. Both green spaces are highly original and offer a variety of monuments and attractions to see. Gaudí’s Güell Park is also a World Heritage Site.
- Discover Jewish Barcelona.
- Enter Barcelona’s medieval synagogue and discover what Jewish life was like in Spain before the Inquisition.